Our commitment to privacy
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Information used solely for journalistic purposes is exempted from the Act.
HandyMama is responsible for personal information under its control. Our employees are informed about the importance of privacy and receive periodic information to update them about our Privacy Code and related policies.
What personal information do we collect, and why?
HandyMama collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- We collect contact information (for example, name, address, email address, and telephone numbers) when you register at HandyMama.com. This information is used to complete your HandyMama bookings and respond to your inquires.
- You must only submit to us, or our authorised agent, information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of any changes (more information below). We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you.
- If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us
- HandyMama also collects credit card information as needed to process payments for HandyMama all services. We do not permanently store your credit card information.
- If you enter a contest or other promotion, we use your personal contact information to administer the contest or promotion including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
- We collect booking history and a list of promotions offered to you (“history“), in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better services and to determine eligibility for our services.
- We collect, use and store your location history to establish your location, improve your experience and from time to time to send you information, such as promotional offers, that are most relevant to your geographic location.
- We may also use personal contact and history information from time to time to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to HandyMama vouchers that you have received or about HandyMama’s business. In addition, if you have given us your prior consent, we may use this information to send you promotional offers and information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers“). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below).
- We keep notes and special instructions on file for advertisers and subscribers to help us fulfill your request and provide customer service.
- If you wish to apply for a job on our website we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and additional information such as resume and gender. We use the information collected within this area of the website to register and process your application, to determine your qualifications for the position for which you have applied and to contact you.
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured. If you complain to any of our departments, we collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating and responding to you.
- If you are a service provider, we collect your National Registration Identity Card number for tax reporting purposes and your contact information in order to pay you through our third-party payment agent. We may also collect financial information (for example, banking details and credit history) from our service providers to assess credit risk, sales data to prepare commission reports and other information to help us evaluate services.
o Your computer’s IP address
o Browser type
o Webpage you were visiting before you came to HandyMama
o The pages within HandyMama which you visit
o The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on HandyMama, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide.
If you are concerned about cookies, it is possible to turn them off in your web browser preferences. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of our websites and may not have the optimal experience.
- You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with HandyMama, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between HandyMama and your social media account or your mobile device.
- We may place advertising or other links on our sites that originate from outside advertisers. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. HandyMama does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers.
Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. Survey results are aggregated and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not disclose personal information.
To whom does HandyMama disclose personal information, and why?
HandyMama may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- In order to provide you with Marketing Offers (see above), if you have provided consent, HandyMama may disclose your personal contact information to affiliates and selected sponsors and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive any further Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the procedure set out in our opt-out policy (see below).
- HandyMama may also disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers, current services providers and/or prospective cleaning businesses to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- HandyMama may transfer your personal information to service providers acting on its behalf in order to perform processing and other specialized services, for example, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, service delivery, or credit card processing.
- In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, HandyMama take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the PDPA.
- In exceptional circumstances HandyMama may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Consent and opt-out policy
In general, HandyMama seeks consent to use your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy. Except as set out in this section, HandyMama obtains your express opt-in consent to use or disclose sensitive personal information.
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time of contacting us at our e-mail addresses below.
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by doing any of the following:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of any email Marketing Offer you receive. Inform your telemarketer at the time you are called with a Marketing Offer. Email Client Services at sales@HandyMama.co and request that your personal information not be used for Marketing Offers.
- We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a domestic or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
Security of Your Personal Information
HandyMama maintains personal information in a combination of paper and electronic files. We take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information. Not all HandyMama interactions require that credit card information be provided. If you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or chat rooms are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your HandyMama password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to HandyMama. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf.
Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
No Spam, Spyware, or Virus
Spam, spyware or virus is not allowed on HandyMama. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we send communications to you as you prefer. You are not licensed or otherwise allowed to add other users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via HandyMama. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
How to access and correct your personal information
HandyMama provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete certain subscriber and registration information you have provided at any time by going to the appropriate page on www.HandyMama.co , and changing or deleting such information as desired.
If you would like to view the personal information we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by HandyMama within the past year, please contact us at our e-mail address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous bookings on our site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon written request, satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement. In some cases, we may not provide access to personal information in our possession or control. If we deny your request, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may challenge our decision.
You acknowledge and agree that HandyMama has the right to disclose your personal information to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities or the relevant right owners, if HandyMama has reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure of your personal information is necessary for the purpose of meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether voluntary or mandatory, as a result of cooperating with an order, an investigation and/or a request of any nature by such parties. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against HandyMama for the disclosure of your personal information in these circumstances.